Prof. Dr. Alexis Hervais-Adelman
Our work focuses on the cerebral foundations of speech and language.
We use functional and structural magnetic resonance imaging alongside time-resolved brain imaging methods and behavioural testing to investigate a range of topics:
- Speech perception, especially under acoustically challenging situations, such as in the presence of background noise or in cases of hearing impairment.
- The use of neurofeedback in supporting adaptation to degraded speech
- The applications of non-invasive brain-stimulation methods to enhance speech perception
- The influence of speech production mechanisms on speech perception
- The cerebral and cognitive mechanisms of multilingualism and their consequences for the brain and cognition
- The impact of literacy on the brain
The assistant professorship in neurolinguistics is supported by the Swiss National Science Foundation.