There are rolling admissions at the University of Zurich. There are no self-nominations for LIFE at the University of Zurich. Fellows are nominated by their advisor who needs to be faculty in LIFE.
- Please note, that LIFE at Zurich cannot offer financial support for fellows. In other words, you will need to have a position as a doctoral assistant with one of the faculty associated with LIFE at Zurich.
- See FAQs to make sure you are eligible to be nominated by your advisor.
- Referees. Each nominated Ph.D. student needs to ask two referees to write letters of recommendation. They must be named in the application. It is the nominator's responsibility to contact the referees and make sure they submit the recommendation letter on time.
- The nominator needs to email the following materials in a single PDF-file (max. 10 MB) to email@example.com:
- A Letter of Motivation by the nominated Ph.D. student (one page, Font 12, single space) detailing why the student wants to join LIFE and the fit into the program.
- Two letters of recommendation.
- Curriculum Vitae of the Ph.D. student, including academic training and professional experience.
- Scans of official certificates of degrees of all colleges/universities attended.
- A sample of writing (copy of Master thesis or another publication or preprint, approx. 30 pages).